Skyhorse Publishing Submission Guidelines
Thank you for your interest in Skyhorse Publishing. We are open to receiving submissions for proposed books in the following categories:
- Sports (Team and Individual)
- Outdoor Sport (Hunting, Fishing, and Camping)
- Adventure and Travel
- Health and Fitness
- House and Home
- Military History
- Games and Gambling
- Pets and Animals
- Nature and Science
- Food and Wine
- True Crime
- Current Events
Before submitting a proposal, we suggest you click around our site and take a look at the kinds of books we've published. This will help you gain an idea of what we're looking for.
A nonfiction book proposal consists of:
- A brief query (cover) letter
- A one-to-two page synopsis
- An annotated chapter outline
- Market analysis, including competitive research
- A sample chapter or two
- Your curriculum vitae (bio) including a list of all previous publishing credits
If we are interested in seeing more than the first 50 pages, we will contact you and request the balance of the manuscript. Therefore, please refrain from submitting unfinished novels.
Send all submissions to: "submissions at skyhorsepublishing dot com". In the subject line of your submission, please include only one of the following categories:
- Outdoor & Sports
- Fiction & Literary Non-fiction
- Cooking & Lifestyle
- Politics, History, & General Non-fiction
- Racehorse (highly trending topics; e.g. adult coloring books)
NOTE: We will not review any online submissions that do not include one of the above categories in the subject line.
If we are interested, we will get back to you within 4-6 weeks. Unfortunately, due to the volume of queries, we will not be able to respond to everyone.
Skyhorse Publishing, Inc.
307 West 36th Street, 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018 P: (212) 643-6816
F: (212) 643-6819