The Myth of Autism
How a Misunderstood Epidemic Is Destroying Our Children
With Elyse Goldberg
Experts agree that America is in the midst of a disturbing epidemic of what has thus far been diagnosed as autism. In just thirty years autism diagnoses have risen from 1 in 5,000 children to 1 in 110, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
But in the history of our society there has never been an “epidemic” of any developmental or genetic disorder—it is scientifically impossible. So what is this mysterious affliction known as “autism,” and how can we stop it? Dr. Goldberg and his colleagues illustrate why autism cannot be genetic, but is a symptom of a treatable neurological disease that attacks the brain’s immune system. Readers will come to understand:
• Autism is not psychological or developmental, but a medical disease.
• Autism is caused by a dysfunction in the neuro-immune system and often by secondary neurotropic viruses that impact the neuro-immune system and brain.
• Illnesses such as autism, ADD/ADHD, and chronic fatigue syndrome all have different “labels” but are actually variations on the same thing: neuro-immune dysfunction syndromes (NIDS).
• A NeuroSPECT scan is a diagnostic tool which, used in combination with proven therapies and treatments described in this book, is saving lives today, while opening the door to new therapies.
• What you can do to transform your own life or the lives of your loved ones.
Dr. Goldberg believes that in order to save the next generation of children from the incurable stigma of an autism diagnosis, we must quickly realize that all of these disorders are the result of a curable disease process.