So You Think You're a Philadelphia Flyers Fan?
Stars, Stats, Records, and Memories for True Diehards
Skip Clayton, Bill Clement
- 184 Pages
- October 9, 2018
- ISBN: 9781683582427
- Trim Size: 5.5in x 8.25in x 0in
So You Think You’re a Philadelphia Flyers Fan? tests and expands your knowledge of Flyers hockey. Rather than merely posing questions and providing answers, it will give you the details behind each—stories that bring to life players and coaches, games and seasons.
This book is divided into multiple parts, with progressively more difficult questions in each new section. Along the way, you’ll learn more about the great Flyers players and coaches of the past and present, from Bobby Clarke to Bernie Parent, Bill Barber, Fred Shero, Rick MacLeish, Brian Propp, Mike Keenan, Mark Howe, Tim Kerr, Ron Hextall, Eric Desjardins, Jeremy Roenick, Chris Pronger, Eric Lindros, Mark Recchi, Simon Gagne, Wayne Simmonds, and so many more. Some of the many questions that this book answers include:
• What goalie recorded the first shutout in team history?
• Which former Flyers coach later won a Stanley Cup for another team?
• Who scored the very first regular-season overtime goal for the Flyers?
• What opponent went forty-two games without beating the Flyers at the Spectrum?
This book makes the perfect gift for any fan of the Fly Guys!