The Orvis Guide to Beginning Fly Fishing
101 Tips for the Absolute Beginner
The Orvis Company, Tom Rosenbauer
- 208 Pages
- July 27, 2009
- ISBN: 9781602393233
- Trim Size: 6in x 9in x 6.4in
Written with the support of The Orvis Company, this full-color book offers everyone a chance to learn the fundamentals of fly fishing. Start catching trout, bass, and more today!
The Orvis Guide to Beginning Fly Fishing can be the start of a lifetime journey of discovery that will increase your intimacy with the natural world and allow you to gain skill and finesse in your fly-fishing techniques. Proven teaching techniques and bright, helpful illustrations and photographs will enable new fly fishers to:
- Select and assemble proper, balanced tackle
- Cast a line with authority and accuracy
- Chose the correct fly for any situation
- Tie the two most useful fishing knots
- Find fish in lakes, rivers, and salt water
- and much more
Here are fishing ethics, helpful safety advice, basic angling terms, everything the new fly fisher needs in a crisp, helpful, and finely illustrated primer of the highest rank.