The Happy Workbook
A Kid's Activity Book for Dealing with Sadness
Imogen Harrison, Amanda Ashman-Wymbs
- 128 Pages
- June 7, 2022
- ISBN: 9781510770614
- Trim Size: 6.5in x 9.25in x 0in
The Happy Workbook is here to help by explaining what sadness is, offering creative ways to calm and distract yourself when you're feeling low.
We all feel sad sometimes, especially when things aren’t going so great. It can also be because our minds are dwelling on sad thoughts and we have too many of them, which can feel very uncomfortable and stop us from being happy and having fun.
The Happy Workbook is here to help by showing how to express feelings clearly and openly, and offers creative ways to focus on the good things in life and find some happiness in every day. This activity book will help you:
- Identify what makes you happy and sad with an emoji chart.
- Let go of sad thoughts by making a paper boat and watching it float away.
- Create your happy sanctuary in your bedroom.
- Immerse yourself in your very own happy memories book.
- Take pride in your achievements with medals to make and wear.
Parents: This book has been peer reviewed by a child psychologist, who has left notes throughout just in case your child has questions about the activities provided.
Imogen Harrison is a writer and author with a passion for supporting children's mental health and well-being through play. She is also the creator of The Worry Workbook. She lives in Sussex, England, with her partner and two children.