My First Outdoor Garden
Everything You Need to Know to Plant and Grow Your Own Fruits, Vegetables, and Flowers
Philippe Asseray, Charlene Tong, Grace McQuillan
- 64 Pages
- May 4, 2021
- ISBN: 9781510763951
- Trim Size: 8in x 8in
Discover the joys of gardening with My First Outdoor Garden, an interactive and illustrated guide for the youngest of gardeners.
This book teaches you everything you need to know to succeed in your first foray into raising plants. After following the easy steps, you'll soon learn how to sow, plant, plow, and water anything you choose to plant, including pineapples, carrots, geraniums, or even daffodils. In no time at all, you'll be proudly showing off all the beautiful plants in your garden!
Learn all about:
- Necessary gardening tools and materials
- Choosing the perfect space for your garden
- Building your very own box garden (or raised bed)
- Using nutrient-rich garden soil
- Choosing the right plants for your garden
- Properly watering and weeding your plants
- Making your own compost
- Protecting your garden from harmful visitors
- and more!
Charlène Tong is an artist who worked as an illustrator for children books and designer of sceneries for cartoons. Her hobbies are rather simple: reading, knitting, hiking, traveling, and gardening. Plants are for her an inexhaustible source of inspiration so, after ten years dedicated to an artistic career, she moved into a new inspiring career in horticulture.