The Bonsai Book
The Definitive Illustrated Guide
- 160 Pages
- May 21, 2019
- ISBN: 9781631583797
- Trim Size: 8in x 10in x 0in
This beautiful, full-color, authoritative book presents, in a practical yet inspirational way, Dan Barton’s expert knowledge and two decades of research on the joy of Bonsai. He gives detailed step-by-step horticultural instructions and fascinating insight into the creative process of Bonsai and provides a genuine understanding of the subject.
As well as giving the essential descriptions of stock, equipment, basic care, and training techniques, the book includes new methods of achieving quicker results, a Bonsai calendar showing routing tasks on a month-by-month basis, and the use of modern materials, all of great value to today’s Bonsai enthusiast. Subjects includes:
- Making a start, Potting up and re-potting
- Composts, Watering, Feeding and fertilizers
- Formal upright style Chokkan and derivatives
- Informal upright style moyogi
- Slanting style shakan Windswept style fukinagashi
- Semi-cascade style han-kengai
- Cascade style kengai
- Single-trunk variations
- Twin-trunk style sokan
- Forest group style yose-ue
- Multi-trunk variations
- Propagation, Seeds, Cuttings, Grafting
- Propagation from air-layering
- Pests and diseases, Bacteria and viruses, Insects and pests
- And much, much more!
Beautifully illustrated throughout with strikingly original and instructive photographs, line drawings, and working schedules, The Bonsai Book is a must for would-be Bonsai enthusiasts and experts alike, and its fabulous presentation makes it an ideal gift.