Your Inner Zoo
A Guide to the Meaning of Animals and the Insights They Offer Us
- 408 Pages
- November 16, 2021
- ISBN: 9781510757943
- Trim Size: 6in x 8.5in x 0in
What might we learn about our own human natures from the friskiness of a young goat, the focus of a hawk, the transformation of a butterfly, or the hibernation of a bear?
How can animals—through their natural and cultural histories—offer us ideas that could help us better understand ourselves, navigate a relationship, or change an aspect of our lives? Do the animals that we admire or fear reveal something about us? What about the animals who appear in our dreams, visions, and creative inspirations? These are some of the questions addressed in The Inner Zoo: A Field Guide to the Meaning of Animals & the Insights They Offer Us.
You can use The Inner Zoo:
• to explore yourself through animals
• to approach animals as teachers and guides
• to explore the possible meaning of animal encounters
• to connect with animals through their natural and cultural histories
• as an animal symbolism dictionary
• as an idea generator and creativity tool
By exploring animal biology and behavior, as well as the cultural roles that animals play in symbolism, mythology, and traditions, The Inner Zoo invites you to approach animals as a source of provocative ideas that can lead to self-discovery and a deeper sense of connection with the more-than-human world.