Composting for the Absolute Beginner
How to Improve Your Soil for Better Organic Gardening
- 192 Pages
- October 5, 2021
- ISBN: 9781510764767
- Trim Size: 7.5in x 9in x 0in
In this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know about the various methods of composting and how to adapt them to your home and garden. With full-color photographs and easy-to-follow instructions, this will be an essential addition to every gardener’s library.
Great compost is one of the most important secrets of successful organic gardening. Topics covered here include:
- What you can and can’t throw on your compost pile
- How to balance nitrogen and carbon in your pile for quick decomposition and rich compost
- Buying or building the best tools and containers
- How to compost indoors
- Troubleshooting smelly compost, dry compost, and other problems
- How and when to apply the compost to your garden beds
With growing concerns about the use of pesticides, herbicides, and GMOs in mainstream gardening practices, more and more families are turning to their backyards to grow their own food using methods they know are safe. The need for clear, straightforward instruction on organic gardening techniques has never been greater. With Composting for Absolute Beginners, readers will get the information they need to prepare their gardens for healthy, abundant crops.