Incredible Baseball Trivia
More Than 200 Hardball Questions for the Thinking Fan
David Nemec, Scott Flatow
- 168 Pages
- March 19, 2019
- ISBN: 9781683582328
- Imprint: Sports Publishing
- Trim Size: 5.5in x 8.25in
Yankee fan? Red Sox fan? Dodger fan? Do you think you know everything about baseball from the Black Sox to the White Sox? Then test yourself . Every era of is represented from Cap Anson to Mike Trout, Cy Young to Clayton Kershaw, Ty Cobb to Jose Altuve, Babe Ruth to Giancarlo Stanton.
Match wits with the father of baseball trivia, David Nemec, a ten-time national champion as he presents more than 200 baseball stumpers that are artfully designed to test the depth of the reader’s knowledge about the game since 1871, including.
- Who is the most recent major leaguer to compile 100 or more hits, 20 or more complete games, and 20 or more decisions in the same season? No, the answer is not who you think!
- Who is the only pitcher to hurl a minimum of 5,000 career innings and surrender fewer hits per 9 innings than Walter Johnson?
- What team had a record of 52–62 when the strike shut down the 1994 season but was on track to qualify for postseason play with the lowest winning percentage ever by a division or league first-place finisher?
Incredible Baseball Trivia is the ultimate test for knowledgeable baseball fans!
Scott Flatow is himself a multiple SABR trivia champion. He has written several baseball quiz books on his own and co-authored
numerous baseball books with David Nemec, including six annual editions of Great Baseball Feats, Facts & Firsts, four team quiz books and This Day in Baseball. Flatow is a lifetime resident of Brooklyn, New York, and currently teaches elementary school not far from what was once Ebbets Field. David Nemec is the author of The Great Encyclopedia of Nineteenth Century Major League Baseball, The Beer and Whisky League, 20th Century Baseball Chronicles, Early Dreams, Major League Baseball Profiles: 1871-1900 and many other works on baseball. Nemec has won numerous SABR national baseball trivia contests. He currently lives in Laguna Woods, California.