The Worry Workbook
A Kid's Activity Book for Dealing with Anxiety
Imogen Harrison, Pooky Knightsmith
- 128 Pages
- June 15, 2021
- ISBN: 9781510764071
- Series: Big Feelings, Little Workbooks
- Imprint: Sky Pony Press
- Trim Size: 6.5in x 9.25in x 0in
The Worry Workbook is here to help by explaining what worry is, offering creative ways to calm and distract yourself when worry strikes.
Worries come in all shapes and sizes, creeping up on us when we least expect them. Worries, and anxiety in general, are like little clouds floating above our heads that seem menacing and threatening at first glance. These clouds stop us from going places and doing things we really want and ruining the fun days we have planned.
With The Worry Workbook, children ages 8 to 12 will learn about how worrying affects their bodies, are encouraged to listen to their thoughts, and are invited to try activities that will help them push through their worries and anxieties, coming out the other side ready to tackle the world. Activities include:
- Making a worry camera that captures fears and shrinks them into a manageable size
- Coloring in a mood tracker that explores the rainbow of everyday emotions
- Writing on the magic mirror of compliments to help recognize their strengths
- Creating their very own list of anti-worry actions to fight fear and keep smiling
Parents: This book has been peer reviewed by a child psychologist, who has left notes throughout just in case your child has questions about the activities provided.