1,001 Gardening Tips & Tricks
Timeless Advice for Growing Vegetables, Flowers, Shrubs, and More
Mary Rose Quigg
- 208 Pages
- March 2, 2021
- ISBN: 9781510762237
- Series: 1,001 Tips & Tricks
- Imprint: Skyhorse Publishing
- Trim Size: 6.5in x 8in
Over 1,000 Tips for Planting Vegetables, Flowers, Houseplants, Shrubs, Herbs, and Trees!
This comprehensive collection of practical tips covers all aspects of gardening, from flowers and houseplants to planting shrubs, vegetables, herbs, and trees. In addition, find advice for dealing with garden pests, learn about the tools that will make your life much easier, and find valuable ways to avoid the aches and pains that often go along with the hard work of gardening. Woven throughout are poems and proverbs, legends and lore, making this an enjoyable read and a perfect gift for the gardener in your life.
- "Put broken eggshells in a watering can, fill with water, and leave overnight. This will extract the nutrients making an excellent and cheap plant feed."
- "To improve the growth of leeks, add a little soot to the soil."
- "Weeding between onion rows should be done by hand, as hoeing will damage the shallow roots."
- "An old wheel rim makes an ideal storage place for a garden hose when not in use. Hang on a garage or shed wall."
- "For organic insecticide spray, boil a whole bulb of chopped garlic until it's soft. Put it into 1 gallon of water and add 1 tablespoon of biodegradable detergent. Leave for a day, strain, and use as required."