The Science of Stephen King
The Truth Behind Pennywise, Jack Torrance, Carrie, Cujo, and More Iconic Characters from the Master of Horror
Meg Hafdahl, Kelly Florence
- 264 Pages
- October 6, 2020
- ISBN: 9781510757745
- Series: The Science of
- Imprint: Skyhorse Publishing
- Trim Size: 6in x 9in
Uncover the theories behind the Master of Horror's macabre tales: It, The Shining, Carrie, Cujo, Misery, Pet Semetary, and so much more!
Gothic media moguls Meg Hafdahl and Kelly Florence, authors of The Science of Monsters and The Science of Women in Horror, and co-hosts of the Horror Rewind podcast called “the best horror film podcast out there” by Film Daddy, present a guide to the Stephen King stories and characters we all know and love. Through interviews, literary and film analysis, and bone-chilling discoveries, The Science of Stephen King delves into the uniquely horrific Stephen King universe to uncover the science behind the legendary novels that have become an integral part of modern pop culture, answering such questions as:
- What is the science behind time travel and parallel universes like in The Dark Tower series and 11/22/63?
- How does lack of sleep affect the human body like in Insomnia?
- Is it possible for horrific creatures to exist like in Nightshift?
- What is the science behind curses and legends like in Dreamcatcher and Thinner?
Kelly Florence is a teacher, a mother, and a horror film lover. She is passionate about female representation in all media and particularly in the horror genre. Kelly produces and co-hosts Horror Rewind. She also owns Gothic Gifts, a shop for fans of horror.