How to Use Kitchen Staples to Treat Common Ailments
Julie Bruton-Seal, Matthew Seal
- 224 Pages
- November 19, 2019
- ISBN: 9781510754058
- Imprint: Skyhorse Publishing
- Trim Size: 6in x 9in x 0in
A complete herbal handbook of home cures and kitchen remedies from the team behind Backyard Medicine and Backyard Medicine for All! Originally published in the UK as Kitchen Medicine.
Years ago, every household practiced kitchen medicine. Doctors were expensive and people were self-reliant—even when it came to health care. Today, doctors are more expensive and we've become much less self-reliant. Now Home Remedies revives that lost tradition of the kitchen as pharmacy.
- Fennel wards off symptoms of menopause
- Garlic reduces cholesterol levels
- Lemon relieves rheumatism
- Ginger treats a cold
- An olive oil purge can eliminate gallstones
- Sore joints are eased with mustard
- So much more!
Matthew Seal has worked as an in-house and freelance editor and writer for books, magazines, and newspapers. He co-authored Backyard Medicine, Backyard Medicine for All, and The Herbalist's Bible.