Golf's Best Excuses
150 Hilarious Excuses Every Golf Player Should Know
Joshua Shifrin, Gary Player
- 168 Pages
- October 1, 2019
- ISBN: 9781510744752
- Imprint: Skyhorse Publishing
- Trim Size: 5in x 7in x 0in
Explain away your bad shots—and have your friends laugh at the same time!
In Golf's Best Excuses, author Joshua Shifrin takes a witty approach in helping golfers make sense of their worst days on the golf course. The next time a player goes down in defeat, he or she can always explain the woeful round with “My golf clubs are too old.” Or after a bad putt, golfers might try to explain the mishap with, “There were too many spike marks on the green.”
Shifrin has crafted 150 funny—but all-too-real—excuses for pros and amateurs alike. Examples include:
- I’m late for my wedding and it’s throwing off my concentration.
- I thought this hole was a dogleg to the left . . . not right.
- If I didn’t have those four double bogeys I could have scored really well today.
- Someone yelled “fore” during my backswing.
- Any many more!
Joshua Shifrin is a professor of psychology, licensed psychologist, writer, and avid sports fan. He has previously written nine books, including It's Not My Fault: 150 Hilarious Excuses Every Tennis Player Should Know, Dingers: The 101 Most Memorable Home Runs in Baseball History, From the Links: Golf's Most Memorable Moments, and 101 Incredible Moments in Tennis.