50 Do-It-Yourself Projects for Keeping Chickens
Chicken Coops, Brooders, Runs, Swings, Dust Baths, and More!
- 168 Pages
- July 17, 2018
- ISBN: 9781510731752
- Imprint: Skyhorse Publishing
- Trim Size: 7in x 9in x 0in
Owning and raising chickens doesn't have to be an expensive hobby. With imagination, simple tools, and salvaged or bargain materials, you can make everything your flock needs for their health and safety.
Buying a chicken coop can be a major expense. Follow the steps provided in the book to retro fit an existing structure into a chicken palace fit for the fanciest hens. Brooders, grow out pens, and chicken runs can easily be pulled together and give your feathered family a safe place to scratch and peck.
- If your chickens want fun activities, create boredom busters with the directions for a chicken swing, dust bath, outdoor roosts, front porches, and resting perches.
- Are you planning to raise your own sustainable flock? Building a nesting box area fit for the best broody is included.
- You can even set up a maternity ward and brooder pen in the coop.
- Dropping boards to dust baths, feeding stations to first aid, read and learn the simplest ways to provide the infrastructure and fun that your chickens need to grow and thrive.
After all the project building, and chores are done, treat your flock to a delicious seasonal recipe with one of the recipes included.
From beak to talon, you're ready to tackle the needs of your flock with 50 DIY Projects you can create on a limited budget. Let's get started!