1,001 Old-Time Household Hints
Timeless Bits of Household Wisdom for Today's Home and Garden
Whatever your grandma did to fix and maintain things around the house and garden, it probably worked. That’s because the old ways are often the best ways when it comes to solutions for everyday problems, ideas for saving time, and handy advice for getting the job done. And that’s where 1,001 Old-Time Household Hints comes in. Find the best hints, tips, and secrets for everything from cooking, cleaning, and home maintenance to pet care, gardening, and holiday celebrations. You’ll also find ways to adapt and improve some old-time methods. Discover an amazing variety of useful and clever ideas, including how to:
• Clean copper pans, using buttermilk and salt
• Make real sourdough bread the way the pioneers did
• Fight wrinkles and create kissable lips
• Use natural ingredients to repair your hair
• Create your own unique perfume
• Organize common space in your home
• Use ivory soap for polishing silver and insect control
• Safely separate drinking glasses that have been stuck together
• And more!
With 1,001 Old-Time Household Hints on your kitchen table or nightstand, you’re always in the good company of an old-timer who’s ready to dispense a helpful hint, encouraging word, or sage secret at the turn of a page.