The USA TODAY College Football Encyclopedia
A Comprehensive Modern Reference to America's Most Colorful Sport, 1953-Present
The result of fifteen years of exhaustive research, The USA TODAY College Football Encyclopedia is without question the most comprehensive resource on college football ever set to type. Authors Bob Boyles and Paul Guido watched thousands of hours of game films, and read through just about every book ever published on the game to bring this massive reference to fruition. In these pages you will find information unavailable in any other single publication:
• Recaps of more than 8,000 games
• Detailed reviews of more than fifty-seven college football seasons
• Complete season-by-season lineups and records of more than seventy major programs
• Personality profiles of some of the game’s biggest stars and coaches
• Season-by-season award winners, All-American teams, polls, and NFL drafts
The book also includes the authors’ own College Football Performance Formula, a three-leveled calculation developed to measure the achievement of every team’s season since 1953. that permits readers to compare teams within a given season and to compare teams from different seasons.
Updated through the 2011 NFL Draft, The USA TODAY College Football Encyclopedia is a unique book that all true fans of college football should have on their shelves. Co-op available •
Bob Boyles is the president and CEO of Sideline Communications. He has worked in sports marketing and publicity since 1972. He currently manages publicity and entertainment for the motorsports program of MBNA America Bank. He lives in Phoenix, Arizona.