From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, The CIA World Factbook 2008
offers complete and up-to-date information on the world’s nations. This all-inclusive reference guide has been updated for 2008 with detailed information on politics, populations, military expenditures, economics, and much more. It includes:
- Useful maps with new geopolitical data
- Details on prominent political parties, and contact information for diplomatic consultation
- A full description of the population of each country, with information on literacy rates, HIV prevalence, and age structure
- A complete economic overview, from household income to gross domestic product
- Information on transportation and communication infrastructure.
- New data on military expenditures and capabilities
- User-friendly headings, sub-headings, an index, and a list of physical coordinates of major places for easy reading
There are also appendices offering useful abbreviations, a list of international organizations and groups, international environmental agreements, the conversion of weights and measures, and more. Originally intended for use by government officials, this amazingly useful reference guide is a must for every student, traveler, journalist, and businessperson.